WHO ENTITLED TO TAKE ZAKAH?
Shariah has set a particular financial level for a person to be entitled to Zakah. The wisdom in it is that those leading their lives in extreme destitution would be helped out. Exclusive of debt and all such wealth being used in [the fulfillment of] Hajat-e-Asliyyah [bare necessities of life], the conditions for a person to be entitled to Zakah [i.e. Shar'i Faqir] include the following. It is also a precondition for him not to be a Hashmi or Sayyid.
He must not possess 7.5 Tolas of gold. [One Tola is equivalent to 11.664 grams].
He must not own 52.5 Tolas of silver.
He must not possess the amount equivalent to the price of 52.5 Tolas of silver. For instance, on 13 Sha'ban-ul-Mu'azzam 1432 AH, 16 July 2011, the cost of 1 Tola of silver is 1200 PKR [in Pakistan] and thus the amount of 52.5 Tolas of silver is 63000 PKR. Therefore, he must not have as much amount as computed in the instance [i.e. 63000].
Equivalent to the foregoing amount of 52.5 Tolas of silver, he must not have any sort of Mal-e-Nami [for example, merchandise, prize bonds etc.]
Equivalent to the same amount as stated above, he must not also have things surplus to bare necessities of life such as extra furniture, house decorating items.
If he also possesses gold or silver in the quantity less than the one stated above, but he has such other things, along with gold and silver, which are considered and counted in rendering a person Malik-e-Nisab, so the added up total value of all such things will be considered in this case. If the added up total amount of all things is equivalent to the foregoing amount of 52.5 Tolas of silver, such a person is not also entitled to Zakah. For instance, a person has prize bonds worth 10000 PKR, 5000 PKR in cash and 1 Tola of gold whose present worth is almost 49500 PKR. When added up, the total amount of all these things reaches 64500 PKR, and the person who owns holdings to this extent is not entitled to take Zakah. Therefore, Zakah cannot be donated to him.
Likewise, if the amount of gold he possesses is less than 7.5 Tolas but its value is equivalent to the value of 52.5 Tolas of silver, such a person cannot take Zakah. Currently, for example, the price of just 1.5 Tola of gold is more than that of 52.5 Tolas of silver. [Therefore, if a person possesses 1.5 Tola of gold, he will not be entitled to take Zakah in this case].
If a person himself is not entitled to Zakah but his children whether boys or girls, who have reached the age of puberty, are entitled to Zakah or his wife is entitled to Zakah, so Zakah can be donated to them [such children and wife of his].
Zakah-rulings containing book ‘Fatawa Ahl-e-Sunnat’ will soon be published by Maktaba-tul-Madina. Go through Maktaba-tul-Madina’s publications ‘Bahar-e-Shari'at’ volume 1, part 5, and ‘Faizan-e-Zakat.’ For Shar'i guidance, one can also contact on the following phone number and e-mail address:
Dar-ul-Ifta Ahl-e-Sunnat Cell no:
Timing: 10:00 am to 4:00 pm(Friday Off)
Cell : 0311-7864100
Overseas Contact Details
1. For Uk As per Pakistani Time (2pm to 7pm)
Except sunday 0044-1213182692
2. For U.S.A as per Pakistan Time (2pm to 7pm)
Except sunday 0015-8590200 92
3. For Africa as per Pakistan Time (2pm to 7pm )
Except sunday 0027-318135691
4. Australia as per Pakistan Time (2pm to 7pm)
Except sunday 0061-280058426
Whats App Number For Overseas
Whats app : +923000220115 (Only For Overseas)
 Here, the word ‘wealth’ has a very vast meaning. In addition to money, it refers to many other things. A list of ‘wealth-items’ has been given in the form of a chart on page 4.
 A prize bond is a monetary document allowing its holder to qualify for a draw. If the holder wins, he is given the prize money. Prize bonds are common in the subcontinent.
HOW TO CALCULATE ZAKAH?
As per market value, determine [and write in the below-given chart] the value of all assets which one owns on the date set above, and on which Zakah will be calculated. Necessary assets on whose value, Zakah is to be calcuated are given in the chart.
Value of assets on which Zakah has to be calculated
4. MerchandiseBusiness partnership assets on which Zakah is to be calculated.The amount of total wealth of Zakah
Amount to be deducted from total wealth of Zakah
AmountLiabilitiesAmount on which Zakah has to be calculatedZakah-computing formula: Total amount to be divided by 40
In the subcontinent, the word ‘committee’ is also used in the sense of an agreement among a fixed number of individuals, called committee members, who all pay an equal amount of money each month, and the total amount deposited by all members is given to only one member each month either by a lucky draw or one by one in a predetermined order. This continues until all members get their full money back.
A GLANCE AT DAWAT-E-ISLAMI'S 107 DEPARTMENTS
(1) Madani In’amat
(2) Madani Qafilah,s
(3) Majlis Beroon-e-Mulk.
(4) Madani Training Centres,
(5) Local & Weekly Ijtima’at,
(6) Congregational I’tikaf
(7) Majlis Hajj & ‘Umrah,
(8) Majlis Madani Muzakarah.
(9) Jami’a-tul-Madinah (Lilbaneen)
(10) Jami’a-tul-Madinah (Lilbanaat)
(11) Madrasa-tul-Madinah (Lilbaneen)
(12) Madrasa-tul-Madinah (Lilbanaat)
(13) Madrasa-tul-Madinah (Juzwaqti)
(14) Madrasa-tul-Madinah (Rihaishi)
(15) Madrasa-tul-Madinah (Balighaan)
(16) Madrasa-tul- Madinah Courses,
(17) Madrasa-tul- Madinah online,
(18) Dar-ul-Madinah (Lilbaneen),
(19) Dar-ul-Madinah (Lilbanaat),
(20) Dar-ul-Madinah School.
(21) Dar-ul-Ifta Ahl-e-Sunnat
(22) Al-Madinah Library
(24) Majlis Tibi Ilaaj
(25) Majlis Touqeet
(26) Majlis Karkardagi form Madani phool
(27) Majlis Madani Courses
(28) Al Madina tl Ilmiyah
(29) Majlis Tarajim
(30) Maktaba tul Madina
(31) Madani channel Distribution Majlis
(32) Majlis I.T
(33) Majlis Madani Channel Relay
(34) Majlis Shoba e Taleem
(35) Majlis Khususi islami bhai
(36) Majlis islah Bara e Qaidiyaan
(37) Majlis Tajiran
(38) Majlis Wukla
(39) Majlis Zariya e Amd o Raft
(40) Majlis Doctors
(41) Majlis Homeopathic
(42) Majlis veterinary
(43) Majlis Hakeem
(44) Majlis Khilariyaan
(45) Majlis Ushr o aitraaf
(46) Majlis Rabita
(47) Majlis Rabita bil Mashaiq
(48) Majlis Mazart e Auliya
(49) Majlis Nashro ashaat
(50) Majlis Tajiran Bara e Gosht
(51) Majlis Khuddam ul Masajid
(52) Aima Masajid
(53) Majlis Maktoobaat o Taweezat e Attariya
(54) Majlis Sehra e Madina
(55) Majlis Taqseem e Rasail
(56) Majlis Khair khuwahi
(57) Majlis Imamat course
(58) Majlis Langar e Razawiya
(59) Majlis Maliyat
(60) Majlis Asasajat
(61) Majlis e Ijara
(62) Majlis Hifazati Umoor
(63) Majlis Faizan e Madina
(64) Majlis Tameraat
(65) Majlis Karkardagi
(66) Majlis Madani Atiyat
(67) Majlis Madani Baharain
(68) Majlis Faizan e Murshid
(69) Majlis Tajheez o Takfeen
(70) Majlis Ijtima e zikar o naat
(71) Majlis courses (new Muslims)
(72) Majlis Taftesh Qiraat masail
(73) Online Courses
(74) Jamia tul Madina online
(75) Majlis Charm Qurbani
(76) Majlis Tehqiqat e Shariya
(77) Majlis ishal e Fankaar
(78) Majlis Tahaffuz e Muqaddas Auraaq
(79) Lughat ul Arabia
(80) Majlis Madani Dars
(81) Majlis Izdiyaad e Hubb
(82) Majlis Ijtimai Qurbani
(83) Majlis Darul Madina College, University
(84) Majlis new Muslim Courses
(85) Majlis Social Media
(86) Majlis Rabita bara e Tajiran
(87) Majlis Tahaffuz Bara e Rizq
(88) Majlis Khud Kafalat
(89) Majlis Madani Basta
(90) Majlis Muawanat Islami Bahnain
(91) Majlis Jadwal o Taftesh
(92) Majlis Follow Up
(93) Majlis Tanzeemi Shikayaat o Tajaweez
(94) Khususi Majlis Faizan-e-Murshid
Departments for the Madani activities of Islamic sisters
(95) Majlis Faizan e Murshid for Islamic sisters,
(96) Majlis Talimaat
(97) Majlis Khususi Islami Behnen
(98) Majlis Madani In’amat,
(99) Majlis Madrasa tul Madina for (Balighaat)
(100) Majlis Madani Courses Islami Behnen,
(101) Security Majlis
(102) Majlis Rabitah.
(103) Majlis Madani Tarbiyat gah Islami Behnen
(104) Majlis Madrasa tul Madina online Lilbanaat
(105) Majlis Ta’wizat-e-‘Attariyyah,
(106) Majlis Tibbi Ilaaj,
(107) Majlis Maliyat .
Shaheed Masjid, Kharadar – Karachi.
Contact #: 021-32203311
Faizan-e-Madina, P. O. Box 36216,
Houston, Tx 77274.
Contact #: +713-459-1581, 832-618-5101
19/20 Muhammad Ali Road, Opposite
Mandvi Post Office Mumbai - 400 003.
Contact #: +91-022-23454429
K.M Bhovan, 1st Floor, 11, Andar Killa
Faizan-e-Madina, M/F-75, Ho Pui
Street, Tsuen Wan N.T.
Contact #: +85-98750884 – 31451557
FAISAL IMTIAZ 810 RUE SAINT ROCH MONTREAL
10 RUE SAINT ROCH MONTREAL QC H3N 1L4 CANADA
CELL NO. +1 (514) 655-3554
Av. Josina Machel No.275
Contact #: 00258-845576972